PC Minutes – September 2014

Print/Download

Minutes of a meeting of the Fivehead Parish Council 

held at the Village Hall, Stowey Road Fivehead

on Monday 1st September 2014 at 8pm.

Present

Mr M Cavill (Chairman) Mrs K Beacham Mrs L Jull Mrs L Howard Dist. Cllr. S Steele C. Cllr. D Yeomans and Mrs M Knox (Clerk)

PUBLIC SESSION

PCSO Elaine Cave

introduced herself and was appraised of concerns relating to speeding (agenda item 3d).

2293. APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllrs. N Cameron, K Male and J Westworth.

2294. MINUTES

It was proposed KB sec. LH to accept the minutes of the meeting, previously circulated, held on the 4th August 2014.These were taken as a true record of what took place and duly signed by the Chairman. Carried unan.

2295. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES AND RAISED BY MEMBERS

a)  Friendly Society Banner. Clerk to contact Mr Philip Hoyland, a person identified by Mr Balmer as an expert in Friendly Society Brasses and ask if he would be prepared to speak at the next APM.

b)  Somerset Council Councillor’s Health and Wellbeing funding. No project could be identified. Clerk and KB to contact the leaders of the Drama Group to see if they had any project which fitted the criteria.

c)  Condition of The Pound. This had been inspected by members prior to the meeting. One corner is in a poor condition and all walls could do with repointing. Clerk to contact the probation service to see if offenders could be used on a community scheme. SS gave the contact details for a builder. In addition the Clerk would contact those who had previously quoted and ask them to update their quotes, per wall and for the whole job.

d)  Speeding through the centre of the village and incorrect / inadequate signing. LJ had asked for this to be raised. PCSO E. Cave had listened to her concerns and said identifying the culprit/s would be helpful. DY said the signs had been so placed at the order of Highways and one could not simply be reversed to show 30mph in both directions. Speed monitoring strips had been placed in the village previously but not at this spot. As the PCSO had offered to park up in the vicinity it was agreed to monitor the situation.

e)  Standing Orders. Advice from SALC had been received to delete 3l from Model Standing Orders, 3k on Council’s customized SO’s as adopted on 7.7.14. It was prop. KB sec LH that 3k be deleted from the Standing Orders. Carried unan.

2296. CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

a) From South Somerset Together. Revised start time of 16.30 on 23rd October at Council Offices Yeovil. Noted.

b) From FVHMC re notification of increase in hiring fees from 1st. September. Noted.

c) From SCC re nominations sought for Chairman’s Award for Service to the Community. Ceremony to be held at the end of October. There were no nominations.

d) From Robin Mann re seeking information relating to running a mobile shop business in the area. It was agreed to respond saying that the need could not be quantified. Subsequent to the closing of the shop and Post Office the Crown Inn owners provide a limited range of essentials but this service is said by them not to be too well supported. It was felt that over the passage of time other shopping arrangements had been made however should Mr Mann wish to visit St. Martins Close was considered the best location.

e) From SSDC’s Stephen Fox re supply of mixed bulbs. An application had been submitted during the month subsequent to the forwarding of Mr Fox’s email to members but no response had yet been received.

f) From WW1 Commemoration Co-ordinator re enquiry as to whether there is to be an event held and memorabilia purchased. It was agreed to take no action.

2297. CONSULTATION DOCUMENTS response sought.

Main Modifications to the Submission SSDC Local Plan 2006 – 28. Emailed. Noted.

2298. REPORTS

b) Village Hall. LH reported.

d) Cemetery Sub Committee. Book to LH. Debate over the internal perimeter brambles. Clerk to ascertain what JW had agreed to do and then with this knowledge MC would speak to Mr Pettitt as members were undecided as to whether it would better to strim or spray.

e) Highways. Ganges Hill repair is to be scheduled. SS reported two holes at Two Bridges Corner with the Curry Mallet Road. Clerk to report.

f) Rights of Way. The kissing gate on L11/2 had been flattened. MC would repair.

2299. FINANCE

An interim statement was scrutinised. A bank reconciliation was signed off by the Chairman.

a) Payments authorised during the previous month:

i) Choice Stationery Supplies nl print August £66

b) Payments authorised and instructed for signature at the meeting:

ii) Mrs M Knox salary £265.05

iii) FVHMC rent July £12

iv) Mr M Pettitt maint. August £388.33

v) Grant Thornton audit fee £120

c) Income received during the month:

vi) NATWEST interest £4.23

2300. MATTERS OF REPORT, QUESTIONS AND ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

a) Chairman. Parking on Stowey Road preventing the passage of emergency and oversized vehicles.

b) Clerk. A planning application for Little Poland had been received and an extension had been granted for debate in October.

The meeting closed at 8.55pm

Chairman               Dated

 

Comments are closed.