PC Minutes – March 2015

Print/Download

Minutes of a meeting of the Fivehead Parish Council

held at the Village Hall, Stowey Road Fivehead

on Monday 2nd March 2015 at 8pm.

 

Present   Mr M Cavill (Chairman)   Mrs K  Beacham   Mrs N Cameron   Mrs L Howard      Mr K Male  Mr J Westworth    Dist. Cllr. S Steele   C. Cllr. D Yeomans   Mrs M Knox (Clerk) and one member of the public.

PUBLIC SESSION

The chairman introduced the member of the public as one of the applicants for the post of clerk.

2345  APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllr. L Jull.

2346  MINUTES

It was proposed KB sec. NC to accept the minutes of the meeting, previously circulated, held on the  2nd February 2015.These were taken as a true record of what took place and duly signed by the Chairman. Carried unan.

2347  MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES AND RAISED BY MEMBERS

a) Potential venue for a part day training session on IT. Andy Graham, the Baptist Minister, had kindly indicated that it should be possible to use the Chapel Hall subject to finding a suitable date, once high speed broadband is available in the village.

b) Issues relating to the retirement of the Clerk.

i) Applications had been received from three candidates. CV’s were passed round. The three member staffing panel would conduct the interviews. The outgoing clerk was asked to be present. A format would be prepared ahead of the interviews. MC, KM & KB to liaise.

ii) MC has received a response from SALC re payment of Gratuity to the retiring clerk. It will be possible to pay same calculated at the given formula.

c) Accident on Ganges Hill. To record advice provided by SALC of the legality of forwarding to the injured party emails (not marked SECURE) as received by Council from Highways. This the Clerk had actioned.

d) i) Information notes on procedures for the forthcoming Election compiled by the Clerk following her attendance at SSDC training had been emailed to members. Of special note is that nomination forms must be delivered by hand to SSDC at Brympton Way. The Clerk has a supply of the necessary forms and data.

    ii) The need to change the May meeting to the 2nd Monday being the 11th to comply with the election timetable was noted.

e) Fivehead Friendly Society Banner. KM reported on progress made by the subcommittee. Details of potential methods of restoration/recording had been received from the committee overseeing the project of restoration. The most effective and the most expensive at £2.5K+VAT was the preferred option. Debate ensued as to which body should apply for a grant. SS suggested it should be the PC. Mr O Howard is exploring some funding avenues. DY suggested Clerk approach Charlotte Jones of SSDC re the possibility of a Community Grant. It was prop. MC sec. KB that the Clerk to explore that possibility immediately due to approaching end of financial year. Carried unan. It was agreed that the PC are holding £500 from the Lambert Hut sale proceeds and would match that figure from reserves. KM & MK would meet to action a submission. It seems probable the banner can be hung in the Village Hall.

f) To approve End of Year expenses and raise cheques as approved.

   i) It was proposed KM sec. LH that Chairman’s expenses of £50 for 2014/5 be paid. Carried unan

   ii) Councillors’ expenses. It was prop. MC sec.KM that NC’s travel expenses of £27 to attend a SALC meeting on 26th 2015 be paid. Carried unan.

   iii/iv) It was prop. JW sec. KM that the Clerk be paid £400 in respect of 2/3 of her broadband/ phone bill (£266) and the use of Clerk’s house as an office (£134). Carried unan. Cheques were raised.

 2348  CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

a) From The Royal Bath and West Society re appreciation for donation and report on use of funds. Noted.

b) From Ric Pallister leader of SSDC re Water Management Meeting proposed for early April. Attendance numbers and questions sought. Clerk to book two places. There were no questions for submission.

c) From SALC re invitation from Grant Thornton to attend a free audit seminar. Clerk to book one place at Exeter.

d) From SSVCA re invitation to a Community Transport Workshop. Noted.

 2349  REPORTS

a) Playing Field. KB reported. Reminder about Easter Bingo.

d) Cemetery Sub Committee. Book to NC. KM said he had looked at the Pound and repairs are needed. He proposed raking out, using a cement mix (cheaper than lime and mortar) and using a less qualified builder to reduce costs (see mins. between 2295c and 2328a.) MC, KM & JW to progress. Item for next agenda.

e) Highways. Some repairs have been done on Rock Hill Rd (also known as Top Road). The road will be closed from the 16th March for twelve days to complete the works.

f) Rights of Way. Clerk had checked the inventory of the PC owned tools held by Mr J Taylor for the use of parish Paths Volunteers.

 2350  PLANNING

Application: 14/05630/FUL 1-12 & 14-22 St Martins Close Fivehead. Installation of external wall insulation and change of external finishes to 21 properties. No objections. An extension had been granted.

Notification subsequent to request no response needed: 15/00072/PAMB Prior approval for the change of use of former agricultural building to 1 No. dwelling ( GR 335981/122814).

To record signing up for an emailed weekly planning bulletin. Three reports received to date, all blank.

2351  AMENDMENT TO STANDING ORDER 15b (receipt of agenda by email)

It was prop. JW sec. NC to delete “if agreed in writing by the member” from 15b following The Local Government (Electronic Communications) (England) Order 2015 which came into effect on 30th January 2015. Carried unan.

2352  TO ADOPT THE SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY

It was prop. LH sec. JW to adopt the Social Media Policy as relating to the use of emails and the Village Website. Carried. unan. ref. min 2311h.

 2353  TO ADOPT THE POLICY ON AUDIO/VISUAL RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY AT COUNCIL MEETINGS

It was prop. LH sec. NC to adopt the Policy on Audio/Visual Recording and Photography at Council Meetings and (therefore) to delete Standing Order 3k. carried unan. ref. min 2311i.

2354  FINANCE

An interim statement was scrutinised. The was no bank reconciliation, no bank statement having been received.

a) Payments authorised during the previous month:

i) FVHMC                                                       rent January                                         £14

b) Payments authorised and instructed for signature at the meeting:

ii) Mrs M Knox                                              salary                                                   £270.87

iii)   Mrs M Knox                                          expenses                                              £25.84

iv) iSOK Designs                                          nl print February                                 £66

 2355  MATTERS OF REPORT, QUESTIONS AND ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

b) Clerk SCC has resolved to adopt the Somerset Minerals Plan. somerset.gov.uk/mineralsplan

Free cricket coaching is available for persons meeting certain criteria. See notice board.

 c) Councillors. SS said Adrian Noon of SSDC Planning had met with the new owners of Stillbrook Woodyard and appraised them fully of the conditions for use of the site.

 The meeting closed at 9.05pm

Chairman                    Dated

Comments are closed.