Fire!

 

Following a a spate of fires in and around Curry Mallet, a fire occurred this afternoon in the field next to the Village Hall in Stowey Road. The field had recently been harvested although the straw had not been bailed or collected. Approximately half of the field was destroyed.

Whatever the cause, deliberate or otherwise, PLEASE BE ALERT TO THE DANGERS OF STARTING A FIRE THROUGH NEGLIGENCE AND KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR LIKELY SUSPECTS!

Apart from the loss of valuable feed, three fire crews were tied up in preventing it from spreading further.

Please pass on the message.

Comments are closed.