Norman chevron arch
The quiet and peace of tiny St Catherine’s has its own attractions hidden away behind medieval Swell
St. Catherine’s interior
Court. The south porch entrance has a Norman chevron arch and the font is also of that date. The beautifully carved Jacobean wooden pulpit and desk have the date 1634. Even to this day there is no electricity, the church being lit by candlelight only.